We aim to make the transfer from primary to secondary as smooth as possible by:
- Visiting pupils whilst still at primary school and discussing their needs with class teachers
- Inviting pupils to an individual admission’s interview with parents/carers in the summer term before they start inviting primary school
- Children and parents to use the exciting facilities available and to take part in ‘taster’ lessons as part of our dedicated ‘Year 6’ Day
- Inviting primary school children to watch and participate in productions, summer school, sporting events and concerts at Swanlea
- Running parent information sessions introducing parents /carers to life at Secondary school our East 1 Schools’ Partnership with six local primaries helps us support and empower parents and pupils, raising achievement and supporting transition
How To Apply
Applications to Secondary Schools no longer go through the school. In order to apply to Swanlea School please contact Pupil Services who will inform you of the process and whether your child has a place.
Mid Year Transfers
If you wish to transfer your child to Swanlea School from another secondary school you will need to contact Pupil Services. Pupil Services will then contact you to inform you if there are places available.
Back to top
All information regarding applying to secondary school and mid-year transfers can be found on the Tower Hamlets website: Tower Hamlets Secondary Admissions Page You can also contact them on: 020 7364 5006
Back to top