We are incredibly proud of the achievements of our students, who have once again excelled in their GCSE results!
Here are a few stats:
- 27% of students also achieved a grade 7 or better.
- 38% of all entries were 9 to 8 (A*/A**).
- 21% of all entries were 9 to 7 (A/A*/A**).
- 50% of all entries were 9 to 5 (A**-B)
- 73% of all entries were 9-4 (A**-C).
- Over a quarter of all girls GCSE grades were A/A*/A**.
- Our school has achieved an estimated progress 8 score of +0.21 (based on initial forecasts) and a provisional attainment 8 score of 47.5.
- 28% and 26% of students achieved a good and strong pass respectively in the English Baccalaureate.
- 65% of students achieved a good pass in both English & Maths and 44% of Students achieved a strong pass in both English & Maths.
- In English 79% of students achieved a good pass and 62% of students achieved a strong pass.
- In Maths 71% of students achieved a good pass and 49% of students a strong pass.
Based on initial forecasts of progress, girls are expected to have out-performed their peers nationally by over half a grade –initial forecast of Progress 8 for is girls +0.72.Girls attainment is excellent with an average attainment 8 score of 52 (Grade 5).
Students with low prior attainment have made exceptional progress (based on initial forecast) with a progress 8 score of +0.96 (nearly a grade above their peers nationally according to initial forecasts)
Sadia Ahmed is one of only 2000 students across the country to achieve 9s in English Language, English Literature and Maths. 6 students achieved the top grade of a 9 in maths and 13 achieved an 8.There were 6 grade 9s in English and 19 8s across language and literature.
Congratulations to all our students and thank you to all staff, students, parents/carers and governors who have supported Swanlea School during the year.