You should aim to read one of these texts every two to three weeks.
*Click the links and select which file type (some are available for kindles)
· Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11
· Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/120
· The Call of the Wild by Jack London: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/215
· Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/514
· The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/74
· The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/76
· Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16
· Grimm’s Fairy Tales by Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2591
· The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/113
· Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/45
· The War of the Worlds by HG Wells: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/36
· The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/55
· David Copperfield by Charles Dickens: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/766
Challenge Texts: ·
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1342
· The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1661
· Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/203
Project Gutenberg is one of the best sources for books in the public domain (books you can read freely without having to pay for copyright – usually ones that were written over 100 years ago).
Here is a link to the website if you would like to read more! https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
Also, you can download their app in your smartphone’s app store.