Welcome to Key Stage 4
At Swanlea, we have a three year (Years 9, 10 and 11) KS4 curriculum which is made up of two parts:
- Core subjects which all students study
- Optional subjects chosen by parents and students.
Core subjects – 60% of the curriculum time.
All students study English, Maths, Science, Religious Studies (RS) and Physical Education (PE) throughout KS4.
Optional subjects – 40% of the curriculum time.
Paper copies of curriculum and policies can be obtained on request for free.
Key Stage 4 Results 2019
This year’s GCSE results have been our best results ever! Congratulations to our amazing students, staff and families for all their hard work and support over the past five years. We are incredibly proud of these outstanding results. Some highlights are:
- On average students, get +0.82 of a grade better at Swanlea School compared to other schools nationally.
- Girls achieved +0.86 of grade better compared to other students nationally.
- Boys achieved +0.7 of a grade better compared to other students nationally.
- 79% of students achieved a 4+ in English and Maths
- 59% of students achieved a 5+ in English and Maths
- 78% of students achieved 5 GCSEs 9-4 including English and Maths
Please click HERE for more information on our 2019 KS4 results.
Results can also be found HERE