Welcome to Key Stage 4
At Swanlea, we have a two year (Years 10 and 11) KS4 curriculum which is made up of two parts:
- Core subjects which all students study
- Optional subjects chosen by parents and students.
Core subjects – 60% of the curriculum time.
All students study English, Maths, Science, Religious Studies (RS) and Physical Education (PE) throughout KS4.
Optional subjects – 40% of the curriculum time.
Paper copies of curriculum and policies can be obtained on request for free.
Key Stage 4 Results 2022
Swanlea School students celebrated outstanding GCSE results this year. Almost every student gained a standard pass for GCSE English. In fact, 93% can boast of a grade 4 or above in this core subject. 88% of students achieved a grade 5 or above in English. Our pupils are also celebrating successful grades in Maths, as 89% of students achieved a grade 4, or above and 80% of students accomplished a grade 5 or above in this equally important subject.
- 88% of our pupils achieved grades 4 or above in English and Maths (standard pass)
- 79% accomplished grade 5 or above (stronger pass) in the same subjects
- 87% of our year 11 students attained 5 GCSEs, including English and Maths at grade 4 or above (standard pass)
- 79% of pupils gained 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at grade 5 or above (stronger pass).
- School’s Progress 8 score: + 0.67
- School’s Attainment 8 score: 57.1
- % of pupils who achieved English Baccalaureate – standard pass 42%, strong pass 33%
- % of pupils entering English Baccalaureate – 65%
- % of students who continue in education or training or move to employment at the end of 16-19 study – 97% (2020)
Results can also be found HERE