Why work with us?
We are an OFSTED outstanding school with a culture of high expectations based on our Swanlea Values. We are in the top 120 schools for progress at KS4 and have an ALPs score of 3, making us the best performing sixth form for progress in Tower Hamlets. The vast majority of our students progress onto top universities including Oxford and Cambridge. We have the best attendance and behaviour figures in the local authority. Despite our successes, we are not complacent and we believe that we have the capacity to further improve.
Swanlea students are proud of their school and we have extremely supportive parents/carers and governors. We are highly committed to the development of all colleagues as evident in our comprehensive CPD programme.
Swanlea School is located in one of the most deprived areas in the UK; 60% of our students are Pupil Premium. Our students may come from disadvantaged backgrounds but they do not lack ambition for their futures, and neither do we as reflected in our no excuses culture. Our highly motivated and hard-working staff are driven by the moral imperative that our young people are capable of achieving highly.
In return, we can offer the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A highly regarded middle & emergent leadership programme;
- A broad and wide ranging staff development programme, delivered by outstanding experts;
- A central location with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources to support teaching and learning;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Discount scheme that offers savings on purchases, including grocery, eating out, entertainment, etc;
- Season ticket loan scheme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Free eye tests and discounted eye-care scheme;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.