The Tower Hamlets Arts & Music Education Service (THAMES) provides opportunities for children and young people to learn a musical instrument and express themselves both in and out of school, by taking part in choirs, ensembles and projects including:
- Children’s Choir – Mondays after school (7–11 year olds)
- Wednesday Music Centre – Wednesdays after school (7-11 year olds)
- Saturday Music Centre – Saturday mornings (7-18 year olds)
- Soundbox inclusive ensemble for disabled and non-disabled young people, fortnightly on Saturdays (11-25 year olds)
- Youth Orchestra – during school holidays (11-21 year olds)
Opportunities are either free or heavily subsidised and open to children and young people who live or go to school in Tower Hamlets.